Friday, January 13, 2012

Poem: The Meditation Bell

(Over Land)

the drone
draws
me
down,
down
into
myself
so I can
open my eyes
to the dance of vibrating
particles smoothly moving
and carrying all before them
in singing surges, waves made
by the churning of the up and down
current swirling into banks of clarity
where lizards can live eternities in sweet
brittlebush horizons, blinking and scurrying before
the smell of clean sand scouring away time that built
a million forevers; to sit chanting to and wonder how great
the picture I’ve been daubed on, leaving the mark of the organism
in the debris trailing behind like a comet’s tail sizzling and burning
brightly—
it is here,
in this moment,
the only moment,
that I can see
the eye of
God,



the dance, so fierce and buoyant, play on, play on

sitting cross-legged, singing Hosannas

in the desert sun.

2 comments:

  1. I take pleasure in, lead to I discovered exactly what I was taking a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
    Gentle Souls Women's Buckled Up Boot

    ReplyDelete